Book a Service
Book an Electric Vehicle Service
Electric Vehicle Servicing
The great news with EVs is that, compared to an ICE (internal combustion engine) vehicle, they have very few moving parts and do not generate much heat which can cause damage to engine components. This means they have fewer service requirements than a petrol-driven vehicle.
However, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t need the occasional service. Like all motor vehicles it needs to be maintained which means an occasional check for both safety and to ensure its working efficiently.
As with all our vehicle service checks, the team at KAAR has a set of specialised service checks for all EVs. This covers the standard running and safety components and careful checks of issues and parts specific to an EV.
Whether you’re looking for Nissan Leaf servicing or some other EV servicing, our team are fully trained and ready to service all makes and models of EV.
Our EV Service Checklist
Our Electric Vehicle Service Checklist includes:
- Fluid check – your EV doesn’t have oil like an ICE, but we will still check your brake system, cooling system,
- Drive train fluids and windscreen washer fluid.
- Battery test and replacement if required.
- A/C and battery cooling operation.
- Charging port check and clean.
- Charging cable check.
- Tyre safety check (pressure and condition), including tyre rotation if required.
- Dashboard warning lights.
- Wipers, washers and horn check.
- Cabin filter check.
- Brake test and clean if needed.
- Inspection of drive axles and CV boots.
And, we supply a full service record as proof that your EV has been properly inspected and serviced.
Book in for an EV service today – Contact Us.
For HEV or PHEV servicing, visit our Hybrid Servicing page.
Our business is caring
Committed To Quality
“With two convenient West Auckland locations, Henderson and Avondale, KAAR is the place to go for Auckland vehicle repairs. Our fully equipped vehicle workshops and professional team of service technicians.”